The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Sat, 12/05/2009 10:36 AM
Jakarta Police's Traffic Management Center is warning road users of at least 19 areas with damaged roads across the city, including at an intersection in Jl. MT Haryono in South Jakarta, at the Senayan shooting range intersection in Central Jakarta, and on Jl. Simpruk Raya in West Jakarta.
The rainy season has traditionally been a time when motorists, and in particular motorcyclists, are warned to drive more carefully to avoid rainwater-deluged potholes.
Jakarta Governor Fauzi Bowo had said his administration would not rush to repair them, adding it could wait until the advent of the dry season.
The list of damaged areas:
- South Jakarta: Jl. MT Haryono, Pancoran, Jl. TB Simatupang, Jl. Minangkabau in Manggarai, in front of Balai Kartini, Jl. Rasuna Said, Jl. Gatot Subroto.
- East Jakarta: Jl. Sutoyo heading to Jagorawi, near Wika, in front of BKAN office heading to UKI, near the Jakarta Military District Command (Kodam Jaya) office.
- Central Jakarta: at the Senayan shooting range intersection, at Matraman intersection.
- North Jakarta: Teluk Gong – from Bandungan to BHI, Jl. Perintis Kemerdekaan, Jl. Raya Cacing
- West Jakarta: Jl. Ringroad Raya Cengkareng and
- Jakarta Barat: di Jalan Ringroad Raya Cengkareng, Jl. Simpruk Raya